Welcome to Learning Services
How we support Wellsville Public Schools
The Learning Services Department:
- develop and facilitate professional learning for all staff: teachers, para-educators and administrators;
- design aligned curriculum;
- ensure alignment between curriculum, instruction, and assessment;
- select and support teachers with instructional resources;
- provide coaching at the building level to support teacher learning;
- promote and train in best instructional practices;
- develop and implement student comprehensive assessment program;
- collaborate with community agencies and outside resources to provide additional resources;
- write, monitor and manage grants.
Support for Schools
Services that we provide Principals and Schools:
- present school-based professional learning opportunities;
- provide embedded professional learning through coplanning, coteaching, modeling, and coaching teachers;
- focus support with first and second year teachers;
- serve as mentors to second year teachers;
- secure and recommend resources;
- assist with major initiatives;
- serve as a liaison between district staff and schools;
- provide assistance in researching and writing school grants.
Support for Parents and Community
The Learning Services department provides public access to curriculum documents on the Learning Services webpage. This accessibility links parents to information teachers use to help students succeed in the classroom. The Learning Services department is dedicated to assisting and hosting parent nights, engaging with community services, and providing supports by connecting to families to community agencies.