What does Ms. Willis do?
- Talks with students individually or in groups.
- Maintains student and parent confidences.
- Facilitates development classroom guidance lessons for all students.
- Helps identify the special needs of children.
- Helps students understand and accept themselves and others.
- Helps students learn responsibility by becoming aware of the consequences of their behavior.
- Promotes positive attitudes among students and staff members.
- Works with parents and teachers to help their children achieve their fullest academic, social, and emotional potential.
- Helps develop personalized programs, when applicable, based on each child ‘ s strengths, weaknesses, and needs.
- Coordinates efforts with other school specialists.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies and community resources.
- Facilitates parent education programs.
- Provides in-service training sessions, workshops, and seminars.